My sweet baby girl is 2 months old. The headband is a little too big. The onesie is totally from the boys section. She wasn't in the mood to smile. She's absolute perfection.
- Everly is sitting up with just a little support from behind.
- On April 12th she rolled over for the first time. She looked really startled, like she had no idea what had happened, and she refuses to try it again no matter how much I cheer for her. She just thinks I'm playing.
- She smiles all the time, especially when I smile at her first. I can tell she's trying to laugh but she hasn't quite figured that one out yet.
- She's 12 pounds now. That's right, my darling girl is growing much faster than her mama is ready for. She'll be in college before I know what's happened.
- She sleeps in 4-5 hour stretches at night. I'm hoping she'll move to 6-7 hours soon so my zombie-ness will fade just a little.
Today I took her in for her 2 month check-up and several times I was reminded to stop by immunizations to get her shots. Yikes! I've spent the past two weeks doing all sorts of research on infant vaccinations and I wrote up my own plan to get them done. I shared it with the doctor and after discussing my feelings on it and different options he said my plan was very well thought out and he would support me in our alternative vaccination schedule. I felt so proud for doing the research and sticking up for what I wanted. I was grateful that the doctor didn't look at me like I was crazy for wanting to do something outside the box. When we went into the immunization clinic they did give me the crazy person look. I told them our doctor went over the plan with me and was supportive so they made me sign a waiver stating I was going against the standard. I could tell they're not used to people choosing something different. I had to laugh a little to myself.